8/20/08

The View Beyond


The castle-like stone building at Coronado Heights, Kansas is a child's daydream come true: rows of windows built into the second story walls for playing lookout, a large turret at one corner, sloping flagstone steps that must be climbed up carefully to reach the observation deck, all waiting to spark the imagination of young and old alike. Indeed, one little boy was crying when he had to leave, begging to go back to the castle. I found myself enchanted by these windows set into the rock, where I peered out onto the green prairie below, enjoying the expansive vista.
Looking back at the series of window pictures I took there, I'm reminded to stop and try to remind myself of the possibilities that are ahead. It's easy to focus only on the discouragements and struggles that I'm in right now, forgetting to imagine the new views and vistas that might be ahead. There's something so powerful about looking out a window from a high place, seeing all of the landscape below in its entirety.
Top photo by my husband, bottom by me

11 comments:

ELK said...

Kristina this is a great "veiw" ..happy travels!

Anonymous said...

Heck I want one!

CK Ng said...

Nice place. Have a wonderful WW! :)

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

How interesting. Glad you added the words.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That looks like a great place to explore.

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness, those photos are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW! A road trip across America! This is something our family plans to do in the future. These photos are beautiful you have a real eye for photography. DO you have more to share?

Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

more pic's of puppy please! :-)

Martha said...

That's a gorgeous photo!!!
To get a larger photo, I uploaded it to Flickr, and then I clicked "blog this" I didn't know it would turn out so well, but I love that it's bigger!

Meadowlark Days said...

I'm glad you all liked it. It was a fabulous place to visit!

heather smith jones said...

I've never seen or heard of that place, I'm gonna definately have too look into it! It could be right around the corner from us!

Thank you for your comment on my blog today :)