8/23/08

Evening Light


Is it just me, or is there something very tender and touching about this delicate young tomato plant, newly planted in the crumbly soil, glowing in the evening light?

This photo and the marigold below were taken at sunset in May 2007, just after I'd helped my sister put her little garden in. It was a very chilly, breezy evening; I was up in SoDak visiting after the birth of her first baby. The juxtaposition of the new little plants in the gardens with my lovely new nephew was quite striking to me: growth and possibilties ahead for both.

Even now, this photo is calming to me. I can so clearly remember the texture of the soil, settling the plants into the ground, the peaceful glow of evening.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi there! Just wanted to stop by and let you know where I found the organic cotton bedding. The duvet and shams I got at Linens and Things and the white sheets were purchased at Target.