1/24/09

A Few More Sewing Projects



Some of you asked for photos of what I've been sewing. Top is a simple curtain for our closet, made from an old sheet. I topstitched some green ribbon near the bottom. I love the way the light plays through it. (I've also sewn some other simple curtains, but these are the most photo-worthy!) I also sewed six simple envelope pillow covers for the sofa pillows, using redtag decorator-weight fabric from Joann's. I'd never done this before, and it was easier and more rewarding than I expected. What projects are you working on?

7 comments:

Cindy said...

How pretty. It almost makes me want to get out my sewing machine...almost. lol

I'm happy you are finding satisfaction with your projects. As I work on some counted cross stitching I'm enjoying the distraction from all the negativity in the news and it gives me some contemplation time.

Kassianni said...

ooooooh! pretty cushions!
I have to sew slipcovers soon.

elizabeth said...

nice!! i love the curtian and the pillow cases are so lovely.

too bad we do not live near by! I think you have great decorating ideas! :)

renee @ FIMBY said...

what project... well I just took a photo of your beautiful hand made card that I hope to include in a post soon! I've been taking photos of the handmade things in my house that others have made for me. That's a mini project I guess.

I'm currently not doing any hand crafting myself, life is too full with homeschooling and helping my kiddos with their projects, photography, blogging, cooking, and home care. But I have been blessed by others' handiwork and I'm enjoying that.

Janelle said...

The cushions look awesome! I love that fabric with the writing on it!

Pres. Kathy said...

What beautiful projects! I am currently working on some new invitations for my etsy shop!

Anonymous said...

Love the curtain especially..the strip, perfect! Look at you, you are just so good at so many things!!
a.