3/18/10

Young Again...




You don't have to be a kid to appreciate the newly expanded and renovated Houston Children's Museum. We spent several hours there recently with our young visitors. It was a blast, and I would have been totally agog if I were a child. The water play area was especially entrancing for all of us - several stations to manipulate water, including a giant contraption with mechanized buckets, a spillway, and lock-and-dam system. 'Kidopolis' was also fantastic - an entire area of the museum designed as a little town with stores, a bank, a grocery, police station, ambulance, restaurant, and vet clinic with toys and play money where kids could live out their play fantasies. It even had a photo booth to pose for silly shots. The kids hated to leave, and I could definitely understand why. Being there brought me back to the magical world of make-believe and pretend - I still have my collection of plastic horses and gear saved out in the garage from that own period of my life. Do you have a favorite childhood memory or activity?



3 comments:

elizabeth said...

lovely. that sounds like a really special time! I would of loved it too (unless it was really crowded!) :)

Martha said...

It's fun to explore something new...I often feel like a kid at heart...enjoying swinging on the swings and going down the slides as much as my kids do!

Mimi said...

Those colors are amazing - can't wait to see your pages!