3/30/10

Tea Tuesday

Very belatedly, I am sharing a little Chinese New Year goodie-box that a sweet friend gave to me this Tea Tuesday. Chinese New Year was six weeks ago! One of the packets contains green tea, but they're all so cute, colorful, and unique that I haven't been able to bring myself to open any of the candy or tea yet. I'm just enjoying looking at it! The little coins have symbols embossed on them that stand for various New Year's greetings: good luck, prosperity, etc. We'd gone to lunch that day at a Chinese restaurant with crunchy egg rolls flavored with sesame oil (one of my favorites), jasmine tea, and a delicious chicken and noodle dish. I love that tea is very much a multi-cultural affair, one that crosses boundaries easily from one country to the next.

Thanks to bleubeard and elizabeth for mentioning my blog today - she has quite a fun blog herself!

As an Orthodox Christian, this week is the high point of the year: Holy Week, leading to the feast of feasts, or Pascha. I am looking forward to attending services this week and then staying up all night Saturday as we celebrate with a midnight Liturgy! A blessed Easter/Pascha to all of you!

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have trouble using the tea and eating the candy found in this lovely box, too. It's hard to believe it's been six weeks since Chinese New Year, but you are certainly correct.

Thank you for the wonderful mention. Blogland is so wonderful and warm. Have a very happy and spiritual Pascha.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Lovely tea box and goodies! It's so true about tea and boundaries. I think one of the things I Love most about blogland is that there are no boundaries as well!
Happy Easter
Happy Spring to you and yours!
oxo

Dianne said...

Lovely box! Coincidentally... My Tea Tuesday block is all about Red! Have a wonderful night.

elizabeth said...

Happy Holy Week and Pascha also to you!

Unknown said...

what a fun outing! and the box of goodies is so sweet! I love the red color of the box - it would fit in perfectly with Dianne's post today ;)

Happy T today! .... and a very blessed Easter week ahead! He is Risen! Kimmie