12/12/08

Introducing One Hundred Leaves: Leaves 1, 2, & 3




Inspired by Tollipop's challenge on December 5, I have decided to start the One Hundred Leaves project. Like many in the blog world, I've loved leaves since childhood and constantly find myself photographing them. So I thought this project would be a nice way to structure my leaf shoots. I will likely go back through my archives and add previous favorite leaf photographs as well. We had an unusual frost last night and I couldn't resist trying to capture the Bradford pear leaves lying in our backyard, although it was quite challenging to shoot them with the macro lens and low light! Speaking of frost, I forgot to mention the highly unusual SNOWFALL that we had the other day! I've lived here for three years and certainly had never seen that before. It was magical and a nice touch for the holidays. Please do let us know if you will be starting your own 'one hundred' project!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

those are really beautiful! thanks for sharing

ELK said...

what a sweet idea ...i see that you have started a separate blog site for it? I am thinking very hard about this...you have a good start...

Jewels said...

What is it about leaves that is so beautiful? I am so fascinated by them every fall! Sounds like a great project.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I love leaves too. All my life I've been trying to keep them in books. I can find old textbooks from college on my shelves and if I open them up crumbled leaves fall out. I love these shots of frosty leaves.

I think I'll join you in making 100 things - haiku paired with photos for me. Nice project for the new year!