12/18/08

Christmas Crafting: Beaded Jewelry


A peek at some of the necklaces, bracelets, and earrings that I mailed off for Christmas (I'd mailed others before taking this photo.) A simple gift idea, just stringing and crimping! I don't wear much jewelry, but am drawn to natural mineral beads for their beauty: jade, aventurine, freshwater pearls, tiger eye, many types of agates, quartz, and more. I would have kept going but I ran out of wire! As you can see at my work table, I'm also rather messy! But I'm also oddly organized in some ways...How are your Christmas plans coming along?

7 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

The jewelry looks beautiful. I am not finished yet with all the presents. I am hoping with this huge snow storm coming of about 10-14 inches, that it would be a perfect time to catch up. I want to make my goddaughter something special, I just haven't figured it out yet. Have a blessed night.

elizabeth said...

beautiful! and the desk where they are looks so cozy, i love the lighting... ambient... (spelling?) very nice!

MaryAnn Ashley said...

You've been busy. Your pieces are lovely - so pretty. I think I am finished... maybe a little something for the Hubby.

renee @ FIMBY said...

The kids and I have had a great day finishing up our Christmas gifts for family and friends. I may blog about it or I may keep these memories all to myself.

I love all the artsy stuff you do, so talented!

KatCollects said...

Hi,
Your necklace is beautiful. I just wanted to wish you a beautiful Christmas. I finally caught up with all my picture taking and am blogging about all my swaps this weekend. I loved our swap!
Hugs,
Kathy

ELK said...

what nice jewelry you make...i waffle between panic and peace to be honest...but it will be fine ....

Kassianni said...

those are so lovely!! I am so jealous!! I just posted about crafting and how I wish I had more time to make things for people I love. thanks for the inspiration!