8/6/09

Clues






Where have I been and what have I been doing? I'm a visual person, so sometimes it's good for me to take photos to remind myself of what's keeping me busy. I've finally started reading for my (extremely overdue) graduate exam in English - at top are just a few of the many books I need to work through in the next couple of months. The biggest challenge has been finding a good place to study. But I am enjoying the topics. (And peeking from underneath the books? The tv guide...there's just something about Texas summers that leaves me listless by the end of the day.)
Speaking of books, I’ve finally joined paperbackswap and wish I would’ve joined ages ago when Mimi first told me about it. Are you there? Do you want to be buddies? My nickname is meadowlarkdays – please look me up!

I’ve also joined postcrossing this summer and received my first batch of international postcards today. It’s a unique project and I’m looking forward to more of it.

I don’t think I’ve even mentioned that I’ve been taking a pottery class (throwing on the wheel) for the last five weeks. My sister made this lovely mug for me for my birthday – isn’t it pretty? None of my current projects have been fired yet, but I do need to dedicate a post to the small hand building projects that I made in May in South Dakota in the class with my sister. She’s the one who inspired me to finally pursue this interest!

Finally, my membership papers for The Letter Writers Alliance arrived today! I love snail mail and am looking forward to exploring the possibilities here.

What new things have you been up to?

9 comments:

renee @ FIMBY said...

Cool. I joined paparback swap recently and just added you as a contact/friend. maybe we can swap sometime!

elizabeth said...

That's a lot of really cool things! Happy to hear!

Katie @ Can't Get There said...

I am loving those pics!! I have been trying to read more this year. My goal was 25 and I'm at 33 already. Are you on Goodreads? Awesome community, and great way to track what you're reading.

KatCollects said...

You have been a busy lady. I love to read and need to do it more. I took ceramics back in High School, so fun. Love the mug.
Hugs,
Kathy

Mimi said...

Whooooot! PBS rocks, and I love the pottery cup - you'll do so beautifully at pottery. I love it.


Can't wait to hear about your graduate exam!

Cindy said...

I'm also a Letter Writer's Alliance member. Can't wait to see photos of your pottery projects. I'm thinking of looking into taking a class here.

Janelle said...

Wow, I am so impressed with all you're pursuing right now! I sent you a buddy request at PBS. I'm not doing anything new at the moment, but fall is a'coming--that's when I plunge into new projects!

Oh, and I L.O.V.E. pottery--the mug is SO pretty!

::Sylvia:: said...

Wow, so much going on! I too am a PBS junkie, so I'll be looking you up next time I log in. Thanks for some other great things to look into too! Postcard swapping sounds terribly fun! Hope you're having a fruitful Dormition Fast!

Meadowlark Days said...

Thanks, everyone! Fortunately, most of these things aren't very time consuming - just fun little extras in my week. I'd love to be buddies with y'all on goodreads and pbs!