7/27/10

T is for Tasty

S'mores, anyone? I wanted to share this yummy dessert from one of our meals in Oregon - skillet s'mores! Graham crackers on the bottom, chocolate in the middle, and the best part - toasted marshmallows on top. I know it's Tea Tuesday today, but I confess I drank some Sleepy Monk coffee with this dessert instead of tea. The coffee was delicious, and the next day, we stopped at Sleepy Monk itself for some of the best hot chocolate I'd ever had. The chocolate whipped cream was perfection, thick and substantial. I brought some of their coffee beans home with me...I think it's time to go brew some up...
Smore's memories you want to share?

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yum! These look so tasty. And I drank lemonade a couple of weeks ago, so I know coffee is acceptable, or I'd already be booted out of the "club" (grin).

I remember making s'mores around campfires and the last time I made them was in my chiminea. Love, love them. Thanks for the memory. Happy Tea Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Oh that looks so delicious!!! and maybe a little less messy than the traditional ones? anyway - they are worth the sticky fingers aren't they? and your Sleepy Monk coffee and hot chocolate sounds wonderful!!! What a fun name!
Happy Tuesday! Kimmie

*jean* said...

ooo ymmmmm! i think i would rather make that than stand in front of a fire with a stick! a beautiful food photo too! happy t tues!

~*~Patty S said...

OK I definitely NEED some chocolate!
Thanks for this yummy post and the coffee sounds just perfect too!
Happy T to you!
oxo

Dianne said...

Looks yummy!

Michelle M. said...

Oh Yum!! Thanks for sharing this.

darrah parker said...

Yum! Thanks for your comment on my Shutter Sisters post yesterday!

Cindy said...

These look so good! YUM

St. Nicholas and Christmas said...

S'mores!!! Oh my, what are you doing to me?! Yes, I have a very fond memory... since you asked :) I was a young girl scout (they invented the recipe way way back!) and on a day trip to Angel Island located in San Francisco Bay! The forest ranger, Mr. Lively, was a friend of my parents and after giving a talk to all us girls he called me by name...while I was delighting in chomping down on a messy, gooey s'more of course! All the girls laughed as I tried to reply and I think I turned beet red but you know, it was a really fun moment! Thanks for asking! You made this a good moment too!!
Ann