2/28/09

Earth and Sky





Hello! It seems I am turning into a weekly blogger. It was a mix of lovely and not-so-lovely moments this week. The lovely moments included a visit with a friend at the park on a breezy morning, a hot bath with a few drops of lavender and eucalyptus oil, reading the fifth Isabel Dalhousie novel on the sofa with my dog napping nearby, some new goodies from Central Market (8-grain hot cereal, anyone?), our first visits to a local arboretum and a local plant nursery. The not-so-lovely moments were mostly my feeling crabby at the warm temps and returning allergy season, mental exhaustion after having an essay critiqued, a return of restless sleep, feeling overwhelmed at the mere thought of trying to change my eating habits (and that’s not even considering that Lent is nearly upon us!) But really, I suppose the good outweigh the bad in this case, don’t they?

I was so excited to spot these turtles sunbathing at the arboretum. I imagine them as good friends or extended family, pulling up onto the log for some turtle gossip and camaraderie. I almost feel a bit lonely looking at their cozy little community here! A frog also jumped right into my path and patiently posed for a photo.

Also at the arboretum: These purple shamrocks are all over town at the moment, and I’ve spotted the orange berries in a few places. I couldn’t resist adding a few more leaf shots to my 100 Leaves Project. My next post will likely include a few more arboretum shots.

How about you? Lovely moments this week? Not so lovely? Please do share.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Hi! We'd love to have you post on Forty Maxims. Please e-mail us using this secure form. Just write "Forty Maxims Blog" in the subject line, and we'll get it.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

http://www.holycrossonline.org/contact/

Esther said...

Beuatiful shots. Hope you are feeling better soon!

elizabeth said...

sorry to hear you are not feeling well! take each day as it comes...

i know how hard restless sleep is! i am finding that decaf green tea is helping me sleep...

Praying that God will restore your peace.

Martha said...

I hope Lent proves to be for the health of your soul and body...my dad put it like this: we must completely trust in God, let him nourish us in ways that are not in the pleasures of food! Forgive me, a sinner.

ELK said...

the images are really nice...happy moments? got my ATCs on Saturday!

renee @ FIMBY said...

Many lovely moments, like my son's birthday and some not so lovely, like having way too many things going on in one week. But it's all good now since our weekend WINTER camping trip was over the top fantastic.

Cindy said...

As always I enjoy your photos. My past week was just neutral. Nothing exciting (that would be the unlovely part I guess) and nothing to create a crisis (the good part). This week is our son's 15th birthday so that will be fun.

Mimi said...

Yuck! Feel better soon.

Meadowlark Days said...

I enjoyed hearing about all of your lovely moments!

::Sylvia:: said...

I'm such a slacker! I'll be posting my giveaway tomorrow! :) Thanks Kristina!!

Unknown said...

I just love those turtles!!! If I were a child, I'd be begging my mom to let me keep one :)